So without further ado...
String Lights Done Right
- Mini LED string lights (they don't get as hot as regular strand lights)
- Extension cord
- A mechanical timer
- Sewing pins or small nails
- A small hammer
- Clothespins (optional)
- Pictures (optional)
- Begin by taping the lights where you want them on the wall. Then, take a big step back and make sure they look even and centered.
- Now take a hammer and nails or sewing pins and gently hammer one in at each turning point of the strand. I prefer sewing pins because they leave holes that are barely noticeable, however there may need to be more than one pin placed at each end because the weight of the lights can be a little much for just one pin.
- Set up and plug the lights into your mechanical timer. Admire your work.
- Last and optionally, use clothespins to hang your favorite photos/magazine clippings/whatever.
My favorite timer is linked in the supplies list. I highly suggest purchasing it because it can be set to turn on for a 30 minute intervals or longer, and at one or more times a day.
Here are some of my other apartment decoration favorites.
An Eiffel tower wall decal, a lovely mirrored tray for my perfumes and candles, and of course sticky wall stars because I am still a 12-year-old at heart.
Disclaimer: This post was not sponsored by Target. I just really like shopping there.